RTÉ Lyric FM is delighted to release a second CD from Una Hunt on its label that is committed to reawakening interest in neglected Irish composers. Fallen Leaves from an Irish Piano Album is not about forgotten curiosities, instead it gathers together for the first time the many strands of successful piano writing by nineteenth-century Irish composers. Some of these composers you will know already – Field, Esposito and Wallace for example are all here – but others are just waiting to be rediscovered.
1. John Field - Nocturne in B flat M.
2. Esposito - Ballade op.59 n0.1
3. W.V.Wallace - La Gondola op.18 (Souvenir de Venise)
4. G.A.Osborne - La Nouvelle Pluie de Perles
5. F. Panormo - Woodlark Rondo
6. C.V.Stanford - Toccata
7. T.A.Geary - Aileen Aroon,air and variations
8. G.A.Osborne - Nocturne
9. Pauline A.O'Leary - Valse Heureuse
10. John Field - Fantasia on Martini's Andante
11. C.V.Stanford - Prelude (4th seies no.XXV11)
12. W.V.Wallace - Ye Banks and Braes
13. P.Cogan - Rondo from Sonata op.8.n0.3
14. M.Esposito - Though the Last Glimpse of Erin (Coolin)
15. P.K.Moran - L'Oiseau, air and variations C.V.Stanford - Waltz in A minor